DonateWith help from supporters like you, Debra of America continues to provide programs and services to people with Epidermolysis Bullosa and their families, and to support EB research.
|The mounting cost of bandages is most often not covered by an EB family's health insurance.||89.4¢ of every dollar donated goes directly to EB patients, families, and research.|
National Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) Awareness Week | Annually October 25-31
National Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) Awareness Week, is a time to increase awareness of EB, to promote the need for a cure and to spur advocacy on behalf of families suffering with the emotional, financial and physical burden of the disease. First legislated by Ronald Reagan and the United States Congress in 1984, it is now recognized annually as the last week in October. Click here to read Proclamation 5283 (which established the first National (EB) Awareness Week).
DebRA of America encourages, friends, family and loved ones of EB patients to promote National (EB) Awareness Week by doing one or more of the following activities:
- Join and share DebRA's virtual Epidermolysis Bullosa Awareness Week Facebook event here: http://bit.ly/EBawarenessweekFBevent
- Write to your local media (newspaper, radio, TV station, town websites) about Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). (“Sample Letter”)
- Share DebRA literature within your community, work, schools, place of worship, community center, supermarket, etc. Call 212-868-1573 or email events [at] debra [dot] org to request (EB) pamphlets.
- Raise money for EB research by selling DebRA Awareness Bracelets.
- Ask your employer to have a "Denim Day" to benefit National (EB) Awareness Week.
- Plan a DebRA Local Event fundraiser with friends, colleagues and family. ( “Plan a Local Event”)
DebRA hopes you will participate in National (EB) Awareness Week and help us in our mission to spread awareness of Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) and ultimately find a cure to eradicate this painful disease.
If you are planning a Local Event during National (EB) Awareness Week, please let us know so we can include it on this website and on our Facebook page.For more information, please call 212-868-1573 or email events [at] debra [dot] org .
Click here to visit our DebRA FAMILY PHOTO ALBUM on Facebook. This is a collection of photos of DebRA of America's extended family from across the United States. If you would like to be included in our "DebRA Family Photo Album" – please follow the instructions below:
- email an attached photo with the Subject: Family Photo Album to events [at] debra [dot] org
- include the name/age/EB-type of those in the photo
- include 1-sentence about what is taking place in the photo