DonateWith help from supporters like you, Debra of America continues to provide programs and services to people with Epidermolysis Bullosa and their families, and to support EB research.
|The mounting cost of bandages is most often not covered by an EB family's health insurance.||89.4¢ of every dollar donated goes directly to EB patients, families, and research.|
Plan a Local DebRA Event
A local event is a third party event held by an individual or group to benefit DebRA of America. The DebRA staff assumes limited involvement in the actual production of the event, but is available to assist in making your event a success.
DebRA of America is grateful to the many individuals who wish to organize events to fund research in finding a cure for EB and to support our programs and services.
Resources for Planning Local DebRA Events
- Create a Personal Fundraising Page
- Download the DebRA Local Event Guide
- Download the DebRA of America Brochure
- Ideas for Local DebRA Events
- Ideas for DebRA Events at Schools
- Submit your request for a Local DebRA Event - send an email to events [at] debra [dot] org
- Local DebRA Event Calender
Below is a summary of guidelines for holding a local event in support of DebRA.
- Submit a Local Event information form at least 30 - 60 days prior to your event.
- The Local Event must not conflict in any way with the mission of
DebRA of America, Inc.
- The DebRA logo must be used in an appropriate manner in conjunction with your event and cannot be altered in any way.
- All promotional materials must state the percentage of proceeds that
will benefit DebRA.
Determine the type of event you want to plan (See our fundraising ideas sheet)
- What is my event?
- When is the event?
- Where is the event?
- Who will attend?
- How will I raise funds?
Determine your fundraising goal
- How much do I want to raise?
- Who can I solicit? Friends? Family? Businesses in my community?
- Are my costs in line with my fundraising goals?
Draft a budget
- A simple budget will help you identify your expenses and help you make a reasonable projection about your event revenue.
- Your promotional literature, invitations, flyers should state the percentage of your proceeds that will benefit DebRA of America.
Notify DebRA of America about your event.
- The earlier we are aware of your event, the better able we are
to assist you.
- DebRA can only issue tax receipts for donations made payable directly to DebRA of America. If the check is made payable to the event coordinator, DebRA will issue an acknowledgement letter, but no tax receipt.
- For acknowledgement purposes, a list of all event donors along with funds collected should be forwarded to DebRA within 30 days of the event.
- Donor lists, whenever possible, should include: full name, complete address, item(s) purchased or the amount donated.
- To determine tax-deductibility DebRA should receive an accounting of expenses related to tickets, auction items, and other sale items.
- DebRA would love to include your event on its website and in its newsletters. Also, send your photos to DebRA!
Mail checks and donor lists to:
Debra of America
Attn: Local Events
75 Broad Street, Suite 300
New York, NY 10004