Plan a Supporter Led Event
Thank you for your interest in hosting a Supporter Led Event to raise awareness and funds to fight Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) — The Worst Disease You've Never Heard Of.
debra of America is here to help you in any way that we can to make your event successful! If you have any questions, or need any help with this process, we are here to help you every step of the way! Contact us at events [at] debra [dot] org or 212-868-1573.
Here are some simple questions and steps to help get your event started:
- What type of event do you want to organize?
- The first thing to consider is the type of event you would like to organize. Click here for a full list of suggestions.
- Who can you get to help?
- Ask family & friends if they will be able to pitch in, and assign specific tasks! Building a committee of volunteers is a great way to have a successful & stress-free event.
- Where would you like to hold your event?
- Consider what type of space you need for an event. For example, a walk-a-thon or 5K will need a park, while a bake sale just needs a table. While it is great to get a space donated, sometimes there are fees involved. If there are, please contact events [at] debra [dot] org to see how we can help!
- When would you be able to hold your event?
- Remember to pick a time of year that works best for your event, especially if it is outdoors!
- What type of budget will you need?
- Once you have your basic budget worked out, contact events [at] debra [dot] org to see how we can help! (We would be happy to provide an example of an excel budget sheet).
- Talk to debra of America!
- Once you have the basic idea worked out, make sure you contact us, so we can talk about how we can help. Some ways we can help to support you:
- We can make you your very own event website! You will be able to accept registrations, donations, and promote your event. Click below for site examples:
- Post your event on our website and/or our social media channels. This way, other members of the debra of America community can get involved and attend!
- Provide brochures and merchandise. We have information and signs that you can use to promote your event, and branded merchandise that you can sell.
- Provide all documentation necessary to prove that you are fundraising for an official non-profit. We can provide 501(c)(3), W-9, COI and NYS Tax Exempt documents as needed.
- Provide assistance with graphics, special sponsor materials, and possibly attend the event! Please make sure to contact ask as far in advance as possible, and we will make every effort to fulfill your request.
For more on this topic, please click here.
- 5K Run/Walk or Marathon/Half Marathon
- Auction (Silent or Live)
- Dinners or Lunches
- Car or Truck Show
- Jeans Day or Dress Down Day
- Pancake Breakfast or Spaghetti Dinner
- Musical Performances
Resources for Planning Supporter Led Events
- Download the Supporter Led Event Guide
- Download the debra of America Brochure
- Supporter Led Event Calendar (email events [at] debra [dot] org to have your event added to the calendar today!)
- debra of America Event Liability Information
- Create a Do It Yourself Fundraising Page
- Fundraising Tips
Mail checks and donor lists to:
debra of America
Attn: Supporter Led Events
75 Broad Street, Suite 300
New York, NY 10004