The primary objective of this trial is to determine if Serlopitant (when taken by mouth) is safe and works on itch in patients aged 13 and above with EB.
There are two study visits to Stanford. There are no skin biopsies. The study will involve blood and urine tests. [Sponsor] will pay the travel and laboratory expenses related to this trial. Participants will be compensated for time spent.
Once the study is completed, you will have the option to continue receiving the study drug for up to 1 year.
- Have a clinical diagnosis of EB (any sub-type) by a local dermatologist
- Are age 13 or older and are willing to give consent, or if a minor, their parents or guardians are willing to give consent
- Medically stable to travel to Stanford University Medical Center in California
- Suffer from chronic and constant itch
- Resident of the USA
- Have not been enrolled previously in one of our itch studies
- Please click the link below for exclusion criteria.
If you would like more information or have any questions regarding our study and/or our eligibility criteria, please contact our study coordinator, Claudia Teng, at (650) 704-6359 or at email@example.com.
For information about your rights as a research participant, please contact the Stanford Institutional Review Board (IRB) at 650-723-5244, or toll-free at 1-866-680-2906.
Get more information on ClinicalTrials.gov